Thursday, December 31, 2015

Au Revoir, Auf Wiedersehen, Slan', Adios, Ciao, Goodbye 2015 by C.H. Admirand

So many different ways to say goodbye to 2015!

I am ready to welcome in 2016. All things are possible when one stands at the edge (toes gripped tightly so one doesn't lean too far over) of a bright beginning, filled with promise.

I have been blessed many times over and have so many things to be grateful for. My family tops the list. I'm still married to the man I fell in love with at first sight. He is my rock, my best friend. Our three amazing kids...well, technically not kids anymore, but hey I'm still their mom, so yeah...kids. LOL! Phil (our oldest son), Jessi (married to our SIL Tom and mother to our precious grandbabies: Jackie-Boy and Hanky-Pank), and Josh (our youngest son.) By turns that have been the lights of our life and the thorns among the roses as they grew up and spread their wings, tackling life head-on. 

We are so proud of who they are now...and who they were each and every year along the rocky path of life. There are moments I might have traded along the way, but then their lives might have been different, and I know that each and every moment in life...each and every person we touch along the way changes us, shapes us, molds us.

Darby O'Gill said that you needed the bitter with the sweet...so true! Have faith and hold on to your dreams. 

For all who read this, I'd like to leave you with my favorite Irish Blessing:

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rain fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.



And for good measure...my Grandfather's:

May ye be in Heaven an hour 
before the devil knows yer dead.




Slainte'
C.H. Admirand




No comments:

Post a Comment